Enrichment for More Able Pupils
We work together with other setting to provide an enriched, broad and balanced curriculum. As part of this we provide opportunities for more able children to work with children from other schools at specialist events.
Example of these events
- MUSIC Singing Workshop Learning various harmonies to classic festive songs
- SCIENCE CSI Workshop Solve the mystery through a variety of scientific based experiments.
- ART Printing Workshop Learning observational drawing techniques, creating mono prints and some chemigrams.
- P.E Sports Challenge Workshop A variety of sporting challenges on the astro.
- TEXTILES Felt Making Workshop Learning how to make felt to create your own bookmark.
- TENNIS visiting the tennis centre for a morning of tennis and Wimbledon fun.
On the 11th June six of our children were invited to a Multi Sports session at Testwood School. They took park in various physical activities with help from Testwood school children. They worked on co-ordination skills and working as a team alongside another school. The children did really well, were enthusiastic and had an enjoyable morning.
On quite a wet day on the 13th June eight of our children braved the elements to attend a Tennis tournament at Hanger Farm. They were split into two teams and played against children the same age from other local schools during the morning. They had fun and showed great sportsmanship, enthusiasm and resilience. Thank you to our parent helpers who came along and helped.
On the 20th June five of our children were invited to attend a Dance Enrichment event at Testwood School where they designed their own dance routine by choosing their favourite animal and identifying it's characteristics. The children showed great listening and attention skills and really worked hard alongside some Testwood School children to polish their moves!